Riding the wave from 500 million streams of her last track, which featured on a TV show in China, UK singer/songwriter, Emma Stevens, teams up with Kevin Jeremiah of The Feeling for the release of her new single ‘Because It’s You’, alongside a new mini-album and the announcement of a string of headline UK tour dates. With a new mini-album called ‘Atoms’, about to be released on 7th June, ( two days after World Environment Day), The Jupital, spoke to Emma to find out what she’d do if she were an atom on this earth. Here’s what she said:
“My Mum passed as my music career started to take off, and so writing about love, loss and humanity became a hugely cathartic process for me. I wanted to find a way of spreading positivity through my music, with the hope I might help other people going through something similar. Now I promise you, I got my Science GCSE, and I’m aware Atoms make up the anatomy of a human, rather than the other way around. However, when I wrote the title track for my new mini album “Atoms” it got me thinking about our bodies, our spirit and how transcendent love it.”
“The chorus sings “Atoms, in the world and in our core. Atoms, have one of mine and leave me one of yours, and we will be together. A part of everything, forever. Atoms”. With the release day being imminent, I thought it would be fun to think up five things I’d do if I were an Atom. Some are a little more philosophical than others! So here they are:
1) I would land somewhere in the soil and grow into a big oak tree.
2) I would dive into a babbling brook, near where I live, and float along until I joined a river, and eventually end up in the ocean cart-wheeling and splashing around in glee, hitching a ride with dolphins, high fiving great whites and cuddling micro plankton.
3) I would visit as many people who were suffering as I possible could and become a spark of happiness in their day, giving them hope and lifting their spirits.
4) I would fly up to heaven and land on a star next to my Mum and talk with her for hours about how beautiful the galaxy is from this high up.
5) I’d become an idea in the mind of someone great, who then goes on to improve the conditions of the planet.
Emma would love to know what yours would be too, so please find her on social media and let her know!
The single ‘Because It’s You,’alongside the mini-album ‘Atoms’ are both released on 7th June on Bright Star Records.