the Jupital newspaper seeks creative Contributing Journalists and Sub-Editors to revolutionise everyday mainstream news with their unique writing talent.
the Jupital’s Vision
the Jupital is a newspaper, which reports insightful, innovative and thought-provoking perspectives on the news. Our vision is to challenge the way people think about the mainstream news they read by offering them productive perspectives. With these perceptions, the Jupital aims to educate readers’ minds specifically in there may be more dynamic ways of absorbing the matters in current affairs.
the Jupital’s Values
- Quality journalism
- Balance and unbiased reporting
- Insightful, innovative and thought-provoking perspectives
- Constructive in nature
- Challenging the sensationalism in the mainstream media
We are seeking journalists who are determined to deliver fair, honest, balanced and unbiased reporting. You need to be more than only writer at the Jupital, however a teacher to society via your words. We need you to aspire to leave our reader feeling confident and with a productive mindset by the news they have read with the Jupital.
Application procedures for Contributing Journalists
- You need to be able to challenge your mindset and have the drive to report in a fresh perspective about daily situations, which are occurring in the world. Possess the ability to deliver innovative and insightful articles, on subjects which are presently taking place in London and worldwide.
- You are able to work from home, however, you must be located and living in the UK.
- A minimum of two articles for submission is required per week with an open option of submitting more articles. the Jupital publishes on Wednesdays. You need to be available from 9:00am until 12noon upon the agreed day. Along on Monday from 9am – 10am for initial submissions.
- There is a internship /trial period to begin with ,however, it may lead to a solid position with the Jupital with a payment structure in place.
- Employment with the Jupital is on a self-employed basis and the journalist is responsible for taxes and NI.
- The use and understanding of proper English is important, thus required. the Jupital writes in UK English.
- The starting date is now. To apply for the position, send your CV along with which section of the newspaper you are keen to write for ( please narrow it down to ONE) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Be courageous and write in a way which wakes you up.”
Application procedures for Contributing Sub-Editors
- As a sub-editor of the Jupital, you need to embrace the overall editorial process. This entails sub-editing, re-writing, checking and proofing copy, layout, and production. You need to be self-directed and a team player, with the ability to work to strict deadlines. It is important you have a clear understanding of the difference between positive and unproductive words in articles. A need for excellent English grammar and spelling, excellent attention to detail, excellent IT skills and research skills are required for this position.
- You are able to work from home. the Jupital publishes Wednesday and needs to be available from 9:00am until 12noon on this day.
- There is a trial period to begin with ,however, it may lead to a solid position with the Jupital with a payment structure in place.
- Employment with the Jupital is on a self-employed basis and the Contributing Sub-Editor is responsible for taxes and NI.
- You must be located and living in the UK.
- Proper English is important.
- The starting date is now. To apply for the position, please send your CV along with any examples of sub-editing work to: email@example.com